Drop down

Thursday 14 April 2016

About Me

Hi, Welcome to my first blog in 2016. I am a IT Professional in my early 30s who has worked for a few MNCs in Singapore for close to 10 years. I started off as a IT programmer and gradually moved on to an analyst role.


Education

I was a Normal Academic (NA) student who went through 5 years of secondary school education instead of a typical 4-year Express path. I went on to pursue my studies in a local Polytechnic for 3 years and graduated with a IT diploma. Later on, after the completion of my National Service, I landed on my first job as an IT programmer. After 2 years of savings from my job, I furthered my studies as a part-time student in a local private university for a year and graduated with a Bachelor Degree in IT Computing.


Turning Point

Last year, I became frustrated and less motivated over the course of my work that forced me to re-examine what is my life purpose. I had no definite answer to the question. I started to ask myself what have I achieved in my career for the past 10 years. After some time of thinking, my answer was it was all about chasing towards earning more and more money as well as for the job security. The work passion slowly diminished over the course of work throughout the years. Then I asked myself, what is my true passion. I had no answer thus I kept reading articles and google for life purpose. One day, I stumbled on an article from http://personalexcellence.co/blog/my-purpose/  After reading it, it gave me trickle of thoughts of what I wanted to do. I have always like to share my experiences/reviews in buying and comparing things to get a good deal and also share inspiring articles that I have read. This is the reason why I set up this blog. Articles are in the pipeline, stay tune to my blog. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment